Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lady Head Vases and Missing Hats

Sometimes I really feel blessed to be single.  Most of the time I don't, so I'll just relish the fleeting moment while it lasts.  I have an interview later this morning (just for something part time) and it's supposed to be another really beautiful Spring day in Atlanta so I'll enjoy spending the early afternoon hours in some of my favorite antiques shops and then home to make some super cute greeting cards for Mother's Day. 

I love antiquing alone because I'm not rushed, I don't have to explain or entertain and I can intimately examine every single salt cellar to try to find one I don't have. (My favorite are the pressed glass variety.)  I'm really on the hunt, though,  for Lady Head Vases which I think are the cutest.  I have one, but it's a vintage baby and not a cute retro lady.  I have never, ever seen one in person in a store.  Scads of them online but there's something about the excitement of seeing one in the flesh...er, ceramic.  There's just something so alluring about oodles of flowers bursting out of the top of your head.  Speaking of gals without crowns, I wish women still wore hats. But I guess we would look pretty silly with the tees, yoga pants and flip flops that seem to be standard attire in the burbs anymore.


No comments: